Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's a start!

I started medifast exactly 10 days ago. My first five days were almost 100 percent on plan give or take few tweaks here and there. Even though I tried my hardest to abstain from weighing in I caved in nevertheless and results were promising. I lost 5 pounds in first five days. It might have been mostly water weight however some of my 40 pounds must have been water gain as well. So I Wewas motivated and excited. Next few days were to test my resolve and boy did they ever. I had to endure my birthday party and our school graduation at Carnegie hall. My birthday party was organized by my department despite my disapproval. It was a loosing battle and I knew it. My boss is both stubborn and uncompromising. She ordered many dishes and lots of pastries and bray cake. I did my best to ride through the party but didn't quite make it unscaved. I didn't eat carby staff since it would throw me out of ketosis but I ate more than I planned or should have. I kind of overindulgef on chicken salad and egg salad. And boy did it make me sick. Next day I jumped right back in and did quite ok. Few days later I was one of the people in charge of organizing and implementing carnagie hall graduation for medical school students and college of health related profession. It was a very long stressful day. I packed four medifast chocolate bar and was doing ok. I had to stay away from all the food at lunch and dinner and I did. I was proud of my effort. I was just a bit hungry but not to the point where I was ravenous. And I was looking forward to still eat lean and green meal at home. When I got home my father made a stupid remark about my weight and....and I ate and ate and ate to deal with anger and pain from his comment. He didn't say nothing outrageous but it was enough. He told me that being a fat ass as I am I should have not eat late. He doesn't know I am dieting and in his eyes I was about to indulge. Don't you love it when u r tired stressed and on a diet someone mentioning how fat u r and that u should be dieting. Hello! Talk about timing. so the next few days were completely off plan. But saying that I still ate relatively low carb to stay in ketosis. I just ate a looooot! But all in all I did ok. I lost 6 pounds in ten days. But given the fact I lost five pounds in five days it wasn't much loss in the last five days. However I am still happy and seing cup half full. Today I started Back and will report back next week. This plan is very doable. It's really is and I kind of like it. At times I do get hungry but it's managable. I believe! I still want to update by way of short video blog and I just might if time permits. No excuses though. Despite my fathers remarks it is still in my hands to overcome comments and obstacles like that. These are called challenges and inability to overcome them led me to the fat zone which I ve been in for too long now. it is time to own and control my emotional eating instead of them controling them. It's not easy but nothing that is worthwile ever is, is it?! So to be continued... The journey must go on with it's good and bad with it's wins and losses. Thank u for reading !

5 comments:

OnPoint said...

Vadim, you did great. I was concerned that you'd post that you had lost ground since your initial 5-lb loss. You went down one more pound despite overindulging a couple of times. When you overindulged in the chicken salad and egg salad, for example, your set off an insulin and then glucose response just like you would have had you eaten some real carbs. I say this b/c you said you ate until you were sick, and having such a full stomach sets off those kinds of bodily responses.

But despite your slip-ups, you still saw a loss. I told you Medifast would work!

Keep up the good work.

Vadim said...

Thanks! It's really a very managable plan at least it has been so far.

Harry/JP said...

I'm happy to read of your success, Vadim. Continued success!

Stephanie said...

I am very sorry to hear about your father's comment. You don't need to hear unsupportive things right now (or ever). Keep your head up!

Vadim said...

Thank you Stephanie!