Friday, September 4, 2009

What is a man to do?

To do or not to do, that is a question of the day! Well, as you all know, all 3 of my followers, I challenged myself at least 5 times to finish a program composed of 5 protein shakes and one wholesome meal. To my own dismay and to others as well, that program came to early demise and each and every time. Until one day I decided to man up and quit. Yes, it is manly at times to just admit your faults and weaknesses and throw in a towel! All was nice and dandy until one day an evil female friend of mine happened to read my blog. She decided I was way too weak and knowing my never ending competetive nature decided to challenge me. And she did. She embarked on my own program, yes created by me, organized by me and finished it with flying colors loosing around 25 pounds within 4 weeks peroid. Not only did she successfully completed it but also started to get under my skin by rubbing it in my face. I was holding up just fine, ok almost fine. I kept insisting that I grew up and I am not a teenager any more. But........... not all is well in Vadim's nutritional Kingdom any more. I cant sleep well knowing that a woman beat me! I am in no way, shape or form a sexist, but I dont believe in loosing to a woman in anything! Here you go I said it. The only field a woman should be able to beat me is kneeding, diaper changing and seducing! Other then that I am a man who doesnt take loosing lightly especially from females. So here is my dilemma! What would be a more manly thing to do? Should I just grow up and admit she beat me to the curb or should I rise above my weakness and take one for a men team and prove to my best friend that this man will beat any woman in any comptetetive sport given same conditions. Please advice!

5 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Mr. V,

I have the feeling you might take some heat for this one ...

Here's what I'd do: Thank your friend for caring so much about you that she was willing to endure that diet. That will achieve a lot on several different fronts. It's both a classy move and a fun psychological strategy. It'll take the air out of her taunting sails.

Then, if you really feel the itch to top her ... do the freakin' diet right (successfully)! But first and foremost, do it for yourself.

After you succeed with the diet, ask her out - if she's single. She sounds like a real spitfire! :-)

Vadim said...

Thanks Harry as always! She is like a sister to me. We would never work out as a couple. We are way too similar, way too stubborn and way too crazy for each other to be together. But as friends, she is the best one. She dated tons of people and so have I but we are both yet to find someone. It will indeed take a special nut to be with either of one. She is a general in a skirt. She is a total nut, total tommyboy. And she is a midget, only 5''1 but her spirit and her competetivness will knock a wind out of any guy. I am clinging toward to just throw in a towel, kiss her on a cheek and call it a day, but will I? Being a gemini, I have always struggled with conflicting personality. But I need to grow up. I cant always follow my heart, at times we need to listen to our heads. Well, may be thats what gets in trouble in the first place. See Harry, thats what I am talking about, decisions, decisions!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Harry may be on to something. This might be a girl that is a match for you. No one better to marry than your best friend!

Me said...

This challenge sounds like it has more positives than negatives, so just do it! It's only a couple of weeks. You could even do it for five weeks and beat her!

Vadim said...

Thanks Sadekat and Erika! Thanks Sadekat for your tip, but no thanks Sadaket. If I ever married that girl one of us would have to kill the other one. Some things or people just dont mix.