Thursday, December 25, 2008

Today was a challenge in itself!

I am barely holding on! For some reasons I felt up and down today. I had strange symptoms from overheating and racing heart to lethargy. At night my stomack was severely bloated and I felt kind of lightheaded. I am not sure what causes it, I suspect it might be something in my shakes. Tomorrow I will have to elimintate some ingredients to see what did cause all these very uncomftable feeling. Or could it still be that my body is trying to reajust to hormonal changes! I and my sister happened to pass by Juniors restaurant here in Brooklyn. For those that dont know, Juniors is considered the best cheesecake bakery in USA. It was featured on Oprah and many other shows. I have never tried and it was expensive. I bought one small pieand gave to my monther, father and even dog. I managed to stay away from it. It was tempting to say the least, but I did not touch it. This challenge is going strong psychologically, not so much in how I feel though. There are few days left, hopefully I will finish it. But so far I managed to survive 4 th day, which is more then ever before on protein shakes!



12 pm-
1 oz mixed nuts= 190 cals; carbs= 10 grams; fiber= 6 grams
8 0z almond drink= 40 cals; carbs=1 gram



3 pm-
2 whey chocolate Isopure scoops= 220 cals; carbs= 1 gram; protein= 25 grams
8 oz almond drink= 40 cals
1 tablespoon organic cocoa= 40 cals; carbs= 5 grams; fiber= 3 grams
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil= 50 calories



6 pm-
2 whey chocolate Isopure scoops= 220 cals; carbs= 1 gram; protein= 25 grams
8 oz almond drink= 40 cals
1 tablespoon organic cocoa= 40 cals; carbs= 5 grams; fiber= 3 grams
5 oz light coconut milk= 150 cals



8 pm-
2 whey chocolate Isopure scoops= 220 cals; carbs= 1 gram; protein= 25 grams
8 oz almond drink= 40 cals
1 tablespoon organic cocoa= 40 cals; carbs= 5 grams; fiber= 3 grams




12 pm-
1 oz almonds=170 cals; carbs= 3 grams
8 0z almond drink= 40 cals


TOTAL CALORIES= 1570 CALORIES
TOTAL CARBS=25 GRAMS
TOTAL PROTEIN=90
TOTAL EFFORT= 100 %

4 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Excellent, Vadim!

Today was certainly something to be proud of!

I've heard of Junior's. My wife grew up in NY and agrees that they are THE BEST.

Good job on resisting that temptation!

I was going to make a dessert to bring to my folks' place today. But I didn't end up having the time or energy in the end. And I didn't end up missing it after all.

Good luck with day 5! I know you can accomplish your goal!

Me said...

That's fantastic, well done staying away from the cheesecake! Especially when you're feeling so under the weather. Great work!!!

Anonymous said...

http://nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/2

There were deaths from some people trying total liquid protein diets that were ketogenic.

They were brought on by severe electrolyte imbalance. During ketoadaptation period, your body loses electrolytes. Specifically potassium but also sodium. It looks to me that the diuretic effect causes a drop in blood volume as well as a loss of potassium.

I think your fast heart rate could be a couple of things:

1. It could be high cortisol driven up by the early ketogenic state, prompting a release of both insulin and or adrenalin.

2. It could also be a disruption of the potassium/sodium balance.

Vadim said...

Thank you Harry and Erika! Pooti, I dont think I have a case of severe mineral disbalance yet. First, I am taking potassium supplement. I also drink lots of mineral water which has sodium in it and I even put sea salt in my shakes. Like I said this challenge is only for 7 days, not longer. I do realize now it is not the most optimal way to go. Even though I could definitely see myself being on it for much longer, I dont think its a way to go at all! It was good for what it was.